Touch of Elegance, Inc.
Many women dream about their wedding day from the time they are girls. The wedding day may be one of the most important days of a woman's life, and for the couple, the wedding marks the beginning of sharing their lives together.
As Creative Consultants, we will help make your dreams come true. After a simple, elegant wedding, all the guests retire to the reception hall. The bride and groom, their family, and their guests never had to worry about a thing. They were able to relax and enjoy the day that they had looked forward to for so long.
We would like to offer you the following information as a helpful tool to determine what type of reception that would be appropriate for your needs. Here are some thoughts...
If you have determined the time and style of your wedding, and considered the number of guests and size of your budget, you probably have a good idea of the type of reception that will meet your needs and desires. If you do not, then here are the various types of reception ideas:
- A breakfast or brunch reception is wonderful following a morning wedding around 9 or 10 o'clock. This may be served buffet style or guests seated at tables. Whatever your breakfast menu, hot coffee and tea are a must. Pastries or a wedding cake should be served. Alcoholic beverages can include champagne, champagne punch, wine, or bloody Mary's. Touch of Elegance can recommend an affiliate food caterer and easily handle your beverage needs.
- A luncheon reception generally follows a late morning or high noon ceremony and is served between 12 and 2 p.m. Guest can be seated or reception can be buffet style. Touch of Elegance is prepared to offer recommendations to food and beverage choices according to your budget.
Tea or Cocktail:
- Tea receptions are generally held between 2 and 5 p.m., usually starting before 3:30 p.m. Coffee, tea or punch, both with or without champagne or wine may be served. Tea sandwiches or other finger food, along with the wedding cake is great. This type of reception is the least expensive to have and is perfect for a large guest list and a small budget. Touch of Elegance will help with all these details.
- A dinner reception usually begins sometime between 6 and 9 p.m.
- Sit-down reception . . Guests are served at tables. This reception has a more formal feeling, and is preceded by a cocktail hour so the guests can mingle. A sit-down reception provides for more organization. It is easier to get the guests attention for the traditional customs such as cutting of the cake or first dance.
- Buffet reception . . Guest serve themselves. Guest may choose to sit at a table of their choice, or seats may be assigned. Arrangement of tables is your choice.
- Using food stations is a unique idea. They are smaller buffet tables which are set up around the room, or in different areas of your venue. Touch of Elegance has some great ideas for your buffet needs:
* Crepe Station
* Meat Station
* Soup Station
* Pasta Station
* Fajita Station
* Dessert Station
* Beverage Station
* Hot and Cold Dips Station
* Seafood Station